1. Poor planning of the HVAC system Usually people pay a little to no attention to the HVAC system (
Although many people might associate timber frame constructions with lightweight structures, the truth is that they are incredibly robust and durable. As a matter of fact, approximately the 70% of the low-rise housing in developed countries is built this way, mainly in North America and Scandinavia. Timber frame construction is increasingly used also for commercial and industrial use. In Cyprus, timber frame constructions are becoming increasingly popular due to their many benefits.
Here are a few advantages of the timber frame constructions over the traditional ones, that make timber framed houses the choice of many people:
- Speed – A wooden frame construction is typically more prompt than the traditional way, often due to the fact that a lot of material is pre-cut and measured beforehand.
- Energy efficient – Timber frame constructions provide high levels of thermal insulation, resulting to lower energy dependence.
- Robustness – Given that the timber frame construction is well built and maintained it can last for hundreds of years.
- Environmentally Friendly – Timber frame construction process emits less CO2 than the traditional construction of brick and mortar, while the trees used for this purpose are replanted at level of regrowth.
If you have any questions about timber frame constructions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you!